QuickBooks is a versatile accounting software trusted by hundreds of thousand small and medium-sized business owners. It consists of advanced features and technology that enable its users to manage and monitor their work with ease and meet their business goals. However, this innovative accounting software sometimes encounters errors that can require business owners to pause their work. One error that has frequently been reported by users is QuickBooks Error Code 6190, -816.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6190 & 816?
QuickBooks Error Codes 6190 and 816 is a technical error that should be fixed in the initial stage to not face any further issues. This error code pops up with an error message “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.” The message signifies that the user can’t access the QuickBooks company file.
You can solve this error by following simple steps given here by our accounting experts. However, If the problem persists, please connect with us at QuickBooks support phone number +1-888-704-1357. Help is available day and night from our Experts.
Why QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816 Occurs?
Error code 6190 and 816 may occur for the following reasons:
- This error may take place when the transaction log file (TLG file) doesn’t match with the company file. The TLG file keeps the record of all the transactions performed by the company and is automatically saved by QuickBooks accounting software.
- The file is then stored as (the name of the company file).qbw .tlgfile. This file can’t be accessed to be converted into Company Data File (qbw). Therefore, QuickBooks demonstrates error – 6190, and – 816 when the QBW file is not in accordance with its linked TLG file.
- This error code may also occur in case of update failure when a user updates a company file on a different computer without updating the transaction log file.
- Another key cause of this error is another user accessing the company files in Single User Mode.
- Data Corruption in the QuickBooks data file also causes this error. Identifying the data corruption in QuickBooks data file, therefore, is essential.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190 and 816?
There are several solutions we can try to resolve this.
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
Firstly, you should make sure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks before performing the troubleshooting steps. If you do not already have the latest version, update it and then fix the issue using QuickBooks file doctor tool:
You can download file QuickBooks file doctor tool from here.
- Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor from the official website of Intuit.
- Make sure that you are logged in as an administrator and run the tool.
- Two options will pop up on the system;
- Both File Damage and Connectivity.
- Network Connectivity Only.
- Choose the first option and it will identify the damaged file and allow you to resolve error -6190
- Enter your admin password on being prompted.
- Next, you will be asked if the company file is stored on Workstation or Server.
- If the file is on server click “yes” else click “No.”
- Select “Proceed.”
Solution 2: You Need to Fix the Mismatch
Results regarding the error will be displayed on the system. The corrupt or damaged file should automatically be detected and repaired. If the issue still is unresolved, you can perform the next troubleshooting – Fix the mismatch.
You should be using the same system on which the company file is saved. Next, rename the .ND and TLG files to repair the company damaged data files following steps;
- Find and open the company folder.
- Search for the company file. The TLG file and company file will be of the same name but will have different extensions.
- Rename the company file. Change the name or just add “old” or anything at the end of the file name. Note: Make sure that you don’t delete or change extension or “qbw.nd” which is at the end of the company file. Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Also, rename the transaction log following the same instructions mentioned in the previous point.
- Click “Exit.”
- Open QuickBooks and check if you can login to the company file.
Solution 3: Single-Mode User Check
- Restart the computer.
- Copy data file to the desktop or any location other than its source.
- Copy the data file once again to its original location.
- Put credentials to sign into QuickBooks.
Note: If the error code still persists, follow the next solution – Single Mode User Check. There should be no user logged in to the QuickBooks Data File when you perform the following steps;
Above are the possible fixes for Error Code -6190, and -816. If you are still unable to access QuickBooks, you can buy Intuit’s Auto Data Recovery tool. You can also contact our qualified experts to fix this error or any other error for you in the least possible time.