QuickBooks is yet one of the most remarkable available businesses accounting software for Small and medium sized enterprise. Apart from QuickBooks exclusive features user may end up encountering error codes. And one such error is QuickBooks Error 40001 which can appear while user attempt to update QuickBooks payroll or its account information.
Most common causes for QuickBooks Error code 40001
Numerous reasons can trigger error in QuickBooks and thus we have listed below most common one’s.
- An inactive payroll account can causes the error code 40001 in QuickBooks.
- It also appears when non-Admin user is trying to activate direct deposit.
- Data integrity issue with company file also is the reason for error.
- Infection of malware or viruses also leads the issue while activating the payroll.
- Volatile internet connection can be the reason abruptly failure in connection.
- You are using QuickBooks on multi-user mode while sending DD.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll account update error
- Unable to send direct deposit.
- Issue in update QuickBooks payroll tax tables.
- Program might crashes.
How to fix QuickBooks payroll account update error 40001?
I can presume that you are now able to understand what brings payroll update error code 40001 in QuickBooks desktop in lime light.
Method 1: Run Your QBD application with admin rights
This method most probably helps you to eradicate QuickBooks payroll error code 40001 and we have mentioned steps below how to run QuickBooks with admin rights.
- Press the windows button from keyword.
- Once the start menu will appear, Click on all program and search for the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, right click QBD icon and select Run as administrator option.
- And at last go back and try again to use payroll.
Method 2: Update your QuickBooks Desktop app
If your QuickBooks is showing available updates or way long back you have update your QuickBooks, can causes the payroll compliance error 40001 in QuickBooks and we have written list of steps to update QBD:
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Help button from menu option.
- Then Click on Update QuickBooks.
- After that select the update now button.
- This will show all available update check mark all to download.
- Once the download finished, QuickBooks will restart and start for installing new updates.
Jump to the method 3 in case the issue persists.
Method 3: Use Verify and rebuild data utility from QuickBooks Desktop
This Tool or utility is meant to repair the company file as well as remove the data integrity problem from your data file. And our experts have stated below steps very carefully.
Step 1: Verify the data
- From the QuickBooks menu click on File and then utilities. Next verify data option will appear.
- Click on verify data option.
- Turnaround time of verifying data will vary from company file size.
The result of verify data decide whether you need to stick with method 3 or not.
If verify shows no problem with data file : So further action isn’t required But If it shows “Your data has lost integrity” So that case you company file is damaged and you need to follow below stated rebuild steps to correct the error.
Step 2: Rebuild data
Rebuild data is only considered when your QuickBooks verify process shows that your company file has lost integrity and we have described steps meticulously.
- First step is click on File, Utilities and then rebuild data option.
- Next, a warning message will popup which suggest you to back up your company file, click ok to proceed further.
- Choose an appropriate site to save the backup file.
- The rebuild Tool starts to repair data of your company file as soon as the backup is created.
Method 4: Use repair tool to repair QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: Download and install QuickBooks Desktop Repair Tool
- To download QuickBooks repair tool click on the link.
- This link automatically starts download QuickBooksToolhub.exe.
- Now, Install Tool Hub by following on screen instructions and accept terms and conditions.
- Once the install progress is complete, click on finish.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my program from repair tool
- Start the Program repair tool.
- Choose program problems tab option at home window.
- Next, click on quick fix my program.
- Allow software to diagnose your QB desktop program files.
- Next, Open the QuickBooks and check for error.
Step 3: Run Install Diagnostic Tool and Repair the QuickBooks
- At Home window of QB Tool Hub, Select the installation issue option.
- Next, choose the install diagnostic utility.
- When Tool finishes repair work, reboot the system and start QB desktop.
Need further assistance?
We hope the earlier written methods were sufficient to eliminate the QuickBooks Error code 40001 with ease and none of the users are struggling to fix it. However, If you are not able to done troubleshooting or you have other query related to QuickBooks Desktop, Then we recommend you to contact to QB solutions experts at 888-704-1357.