QuickBooks provides innovative and technically advanced solutions for accounting and related business processes. It offers a wide range of tools and features to make these processes easier for small and medium-sized businesses, but you may come across the issue when QuickBooks closes unexpectedly. This might occur with or without any error messages. Through this article, we will discuss the various reasons that can cause the issue and the methods that can be applied to troubleshoot it.
Wondering How to fix QuickBooks keeps crashing issue? You can either read the whole article step-by-step or place a call to the QuickBooks Support Team at 1-888-704-1357 and get instantly fix the annoying error.
Primary Reasons behind the QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly
QuickBooks opens then closes immediately might appear with an error message saying that “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly or Windows is trying to find a solution”. Sometimes, the application may just freeze restricting you from any operations further, and you may lose unsaved work when it happens.
The Problem QuickBooks closes unexpectedly mostly arrive either the computer have the problem itself or QuickBooks have issue to Run on a particular computer. Updating QuickBooks and windows to the latest version is the primary priority effort to make fix it. Moreover, We have enlisted the below causes for “QuickBooks opens then closes immediately” aside from discussed above:-
- QuickBooks app keeps crashing, usually the result of a damaged QBWuser.ini file.
- Another reason for the error is QuickBooks crashes when the opening company file is damaged in the company file.
- QuickBooks desktop crashes on startup due to the incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- You can also experience QuickBooks crashing when you are using a low-end PC.
- An alternative reason behind the QuickBooks closes on loading time can be corrupted hard disk.
- QuickBooks desktop keeps crashing due to the damaged QuickBooks program files or invalid installation source.
- If the company file name is very big or it has various special characters, then it may cause the application to run with a lag, and the application may crash eventually.
- A damaged or incompatible Windows operating system is also a big reason for the error.
- Due to QuickBooks Bex Error.
Symptoms to Identify when QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly
Identifying the issue correctly helps a lot in troubleshooting it. Various symptoms to identify when QuickBooks closes unexpectedly are listed below for you:
- You would not be able to open your QuickBooks Desktop application even after multiple attempts.
- The running application starts to freeze frequently and QuickBooks Loading Extremely Slowly.
- The Operating System of your computer crashes suddenly.
- QuickBooks application may suddenly crash while performing an operation.
- You may receive repeated error messages for application failure.
- You may Experience “QuickBooks crashes registering“
- Error “Quickbooks crashes when opening company file” is way more often seen than other symptoms.
- You also Experience, while sending the paychecks.
- in some instances, QuickBooks open but does not work appropriately.
Note: Symptoms discussed above may differ from QuickBooks to QuickBooks version, So we suggest you to contact QuickBooks Team via +1-888-704-1357 to troubleshoot QuickBooks closes unexpectedly.
How to Troubleshoot “Quickbooks keeps crashing” Error
Now that we are aware of the reasons that can cause the “QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly” error, and we can also identify the issue if it occurs through its symptoms. Let us now analyze the various methods that can be applied to resolve “QuickBooks crashes when opening company file”. Various methods have been listed below for you:
Case 1: If the QuickBooks crashes when performing a day-to-day activity
In case 1 we have covered 4 methods to fix QuickBooks crashes when the user is performing a regular activity.
Method 1: Restarting the Device and Application
If you face the crashing of QuickBooks problem, then you should restart your device and run the application again. Follow these steps:
- Click on the cross button to close the application if it crashes.
- If you can’t move your mouse cursor or the Windows fails to respond to your commands, then keep pressing the power button.
- Restart the application through the ‘Start menu’ or the icon on your desktop.
- Go to the ‘Control panel’ of your computer and search for the anti-virus program.
- Turn it off if it’s running.
Method 2: Using QuickBooks System Repair Tool
QuickBooks System Repair Tool can be downloaded from Intuit’s website and then installed on your computer. Follow these steps further to resolve the issue:
- Close all the running programs and install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Open the tool after installation completes and browse the Company file.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button to initiate the repair process.
- The tool will take some 20 minutes or more depending on the size of files to scan and repair the issues.
- Try to open the company file again after the process completes.
Method 3: Renaming the Qbuser.ini file.
QB.ini file is an important file that is responsible for keeping all the basic information related to user and configuration while the program launch. A damaged or corrupt QB.ini file can also result in the occurrence of such an issue. This can be resolved by renaming the file. Follow the steps as provided:
- Reach the directory folder of the QuickBooks application in your system folder(mostly C drive).
- Find the (.ini) extension files from the folder.
- Rename the files to Qbw.ini.old.
- Add .old extensions to these files and save it.
- Renaming these (.ini) files will delete all rundown records, and thus you should open the company file and then change the file name.
- You should rename the DataStore.ecml file and then restart the device again.
- Try to open the application again and see if the error resolves.
Method 4: Use Quick fix my program to stop “QuickBooks opens then closes immediately”
If the error “QuickBooks opens then closes immediately” persists then you should run the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ option from QuickBooks Tools Hub to resolve the Quickbooks desktop keeps crashing issue. You can also apply clean Install in selective startup mode to get rid of the error.
Case 2: QuickBooks crashes when reconciling Accounts
Method 1: Revise the adobe reader Preference to fix Quickbooks crashes when reconciling
To revise the adobe reader preferences first-of-all, Open the adobe reader. Click on the Edit Tab afterward select the preferences option. Now Click on the Internet Option and Unchecked PDF view on the browser. Tap on Okay and close the adobe reader application. Now go back and start the QuickBooks and reconcile the same report. If the Quickbooks crashes when reconciling, So step ahead and place a call at 1-(888)-704-1357 to get a right-away resolution for QuickBooks crashes when reconciling.
Case 3: QuickBooks crashing while opening the company File
Method 1: Manually Rename the ND and TLG file
- Begin with closing the QuickBooks related all process.
- After that, You need to navigate the QuickBooks company file directory.
- Now, You need to check for the File with ND and TLG extension.
- Now Change the extension of both file.
- Restart the computer and go back and open your QuickBooks.
Through this article, we discussed the various reasons due to which QuickBooks crashes unexpectedly and the various methods to troubleshoot the issues. You should be able to resolve the error through the methods stated above. If you are still facing the issue and you need help from an expert to assist you through the process of troubleshooting, then contact QuickBooks Support at Helpline Number 1-888-704-1357.